are looking for a full-time, in-house developer to design and build new
features while looking for innovative ways to differentiate our solution to
better compete in the marketplace and drive incremental value for
is a great opportunity for you to expand your knowledge, grow your skills and
join the digital transformation at Caterpillar!
position is for an eCommerce Web Developer with the Cat Digital
division. The role designs & develops new features & functionalities
and mentors junior developers to ensure coding standards and quality are met.
This role will have an opportunity to work with business & product
owners to better understand requirements and collaborate closely other
developers to create cross-platform experience using APIs as needed. As
part of ongoing maintenance and site reliability, this role will also
troubleshoot and analyze complex problems related to performance, availability
& site reliability of a highly available, mission critical, global solution
to ensure service level commitments are met. This individual must be
proactive, highly organized, detail-oriented, and an effective communicator
(written and verbally).
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This position reports to an IT Manager, as do other staff jobs in application and technical systems and programming sections. Responsibilities are within functional lines with individuals assisting in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, and/or distributed computing systems.
1. Competent to perform all programming, development, integration and system administration assignments without close supervision.
2. Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs of high complexity for Caterpillar's eCommerce applications within Cat Digital.
3. Configuration or customization of purchased software solutions with high complexity.
4. Provides project management, programming, systems, and/or system administration leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
5. Works on more complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
6. Works independently on complex processes and modules that may be used by one or more programs, systems or in support of infrastructure component change management.
7. Develops major system modules, programs or infrastructure released based on requirements gathered from system customers.
8. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of system components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results
9. Fully knowledgeable of programming languages appropriate to the platform supported (IBM WebSphere Commerce), program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems;
10. Performs integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased hardware and software solutions.
11. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years professional experience in object oriented (JAVA or .NET) software development
Top Candidates will also have:
- 3+ years of developing on IBM WebSphere Commerce
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Experience with WebSphere Application and/or IBM Commerce
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Methodology
- Experience with other eCommerce solutions (Hybris, ATG, etc.)