This job posting is no longer active.
Location: City Not Specified, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 18, 2019
As a Machine Account Manager you will develop new business and manage Rental National Accounts through the development of sound business relationships. This is the first level account manager assignment and generally involves providing feedback from users to corporate executive personnel.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop effective internal partner relationships and relationships with major customers so that rental sales objectives can be achieved. Establish high-level relationships with business decision makers and identify business needs and problems. Will work with senior management to develop and implement market strategies for key industries and customers as well as securing commitment of Caterpillar and Dealer resources to assure continued customer satisfaction.
* Consult with various departments within Caterpillar regarding the direction and strategies that key industry leaders will be adopting in the future, consult with dealers and districts on the subject of sales and service support of product to "corporate account" customers. Travel in the field to monitor and resolve issues regarding customer satisfaction and future product needs.
* Visit job locations, foreign and domestic, to provide advice and counsel to potential customers.
* Ensure that account decision makers have been fully exposed to the features/ benefits available from Caterpillar and Allied products, dealer, and marketing before they finalize rental or purchasing decisions. Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations.
* Work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences. Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit. Generally requires extensive travel to understand regional or worldwide business conditions
* A college degree or equivalent experience with 8-10 years of specific industry experience.
* Must be able to deal with sensitive issues and/or persuade others on new methods of equipment application, new technology, including systems, processes and distribution methods.
* Will have had previous field experience and/or previous supervisory experience within the company and/or was a fully contributing member on significant projects and/or teams.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers