Embedded Firmware Engineer – FPGA
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2019
Caterpillar’s Innovation and Technology Development Division is currently seeking a
Embedded Firmware Engineer - FPGA at its Pittsburgh Automation Center in Pittsburgh, PA. In this role you will work on the exciting and technically challenging Automation Systems Development team. This team is responsible for developing and demonstrating automation technologies, which are often used in conjunction with information systems, remote control, semi autonomous, and fully autonomous machine control systems. In this role you will focus on the development and application of perception technologies and systems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Research and develop new technology in perception
- Develop perception features such as personnel detect, object detection, tracking, classification, terrain mapping, localization and others
- Responsible for design, and development of specific computer vision features on FPGA centric platform
- Participate in R&D programs through entire lifecycle, from inception through production and maintenance phases
or Master’s degree in Robotics, Computer vision, Electrical or Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics
degree with 5 years or Master’s degree with 3 years industry experience in
- Proficiency with FPGA design
tools such as Vivado, Xilinx system generator, and model based design
using tools such as Matlab/Simulink, model composer, SD SOC/HLS C Code
- Experience developing with SoC
devices such as Xilinx Zynq and Zynq UltraScale+
- Experience with interfacing
FPGAs to ARM
- Strong background in C/C++ in
embedded environments and version control software
Candidates will also have:
- Experience with driver
development for sensors such as cameras, lidars, radars and inertial
- Experience with a real time
- Experience with high-speed
interface bus architectures (e.g. Ethernet, PCIe)
- Experience with FPGA computer
to develop Linux BSPs for custom hardware with Xilinx MPSoCs
to build/modify linux kernel for MPSoC and write kernel level drivers
application background ex: gstreamer, OpenCV etc.
working experience on a team
interpersonal and communication skills.
innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of working
Relocation assistance is available for this position.