E&T IT seeks one talented, highly motivated IT professional to fill a critical role as an Information Systems Specialist located in Peoria, Illinois.
The position will be responsible to engage with the E&T business leaders to facilitate in the creation and maintenance of E&T Strategic IT Roadmaps with a focus on Digital solutions and Analytics. This position will be responsible work with various E&T lines of business, including Electric Power, Oil & Gas, Marine, Purchasing, Industrial Power Systems, and Large Power Systems. This position is also responsible for assisting these business groups with the design and development of analytical tools. The position will also be responsible to work closely with Global Information Services, in order to plan and provision for the business’ digital or analytical initiatives.
Strong candidates should demonstrate customer service and relationship management skills. They will also demonstrate expertise and experience with digital and analytical projects and solutions. Strong business acumen is also highly desired.
The position will report to the COGMD IT Engagement Manager.
Primary job duties include:
• Understand business unit & segment strategies
• Provide training, research and reporting on key Digital and Analytics trends & implications for the business
• Possesses a strong understanding of both Digital and Analytical technologies and concepts
• Shepherd Demand & Service Request processes for E&T Digital Leaders
• Monthly Project and budget reporting meetings.
• Lead collaboration efforts among Business architects on the topics of Digital and Analytics to drive knowledge, understanding and adoption.
• Works with the Engagement Manager on developing and executing the business unit Digital strategy through maintaining the Digital roadmaps.
• Serve as a voice for leveraging innovative technology solutions to drive OPACC growth for the business.
• Engage and partner with the E&T Digital leaders and teams.
• Participate in E&T & Digital projects to support with architecture work
• Create architecture diagrams & decision support artifacts to bring clarity to the Digital Landscape
• Work with Cat Digital to understand and convey their strategy to E&T IT Leaders
• Work with GIS to understand and convey key IT strategies that will impact E&T Digital
• Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years equivalent IT experience
• Minimum 1 year experience as a program / project manager (or 6 Sigma Black Belt)
Due to extensive, direct interaction with multiple E&T business partners and some external customers, the candidate must also exhibit strong customer service, leadership, initiative, interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
• An ability to effectively collaborate with team members, peers, and leadership across organizational boundaries.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills that foster creative solutions.
• Previous technical experience in Caterpillar applications or infrastructure with a broad background in development methodologies, business planning, project management, and customer application needs.
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
• Strong customer focus.
• Ability to work across a diverse global staff.
• Familiarity with Organizational Change Management and ability to apply the concepts
• Broad-based knowledge of Cat systems.
• Previous experience in Digital areas
• Enterprise Architecture Skills: - architecture modeling, building block design, applications and role design and systems integration
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers