As a Mining Service Technical Representative you will consult with dealers on product problem management, fleet and machine performance, and dealer development opportunities within the US Mining region. Representing Caterpillar to minimize the commercial impact of customer complaints related to products, applications, and maintenance requirements, you will have a direct bottom line impact on Caterpillar and dealer financial results. The key role of this fourth level technical service assignment is for an experienced, individual contributor on assignments that are complex, challenging and begin to become strategic in nature, and is beginning to develop a reputation as an expert with potential for future leadership roles.
Job Duties/Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Administer company policy warranty settlements and work with service specialists to ensure dealers have technical capability to identify and repair product deficiencies, work with dealers in managing Product Improvement Programs cost effectively and within designated timeframes, provide technical guidance and assist with dealer presentations designed to inform customers of service advantages. Your decisions will be more complex and have greater risk issues than those associated with the less experienced representatives. Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, considering alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills.
* Work with/and collaborate with product group service engineers to drive for product quality and reliability measures, lowering DPU impacts to customers, dealer readiness for NMI/NPI offerings, and be the POC for field follow machines in your territory.
Understand critical mines in territory for fleet performance, performance metrics, and MEM operational factors contributing to customers product support and sales needs. Skills in working/developing collaborative environments are required.
Ensure dealers meet targets for Customer Satisfaction Program; providing input to Service Operations Specialists for shop operations, service process improvements, and systems, to help dealers achieve higher service quality and improve profitability and working with Industry Reps to develop total customer solutions that support sales efforts.
* Understand customer/dealer market needs and build an understanding of how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. They are responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, new product information process, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc. Incumbents learn to apply their knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs.
* Work with your manager in directing your development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from gaining experience in the assigned industry, developing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving techniques, building business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership basics. In this position, you must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and learn to relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
* This position requires a college or university degree in mechanical engineering, mechanical technology, diesel/heavy equipment technology experience.
* 4 to 6 years prior experience in a field position as a service tech, product performance or service operations rep.
* Ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
*Ability to negotiate and organize work, critical thinking, ability to work under own initiative.
Top Candidates will also have:
* Completion of the Caterpillar developmental marketing training program with focus rotation for service tech rep.
* Think-Big / Think-bigger training.
* AFA 1,2 training.
* Understanding and demonstration of knowledge of warranty guidelines and goodwill philosophy.
* Understanding and demonstration of knowledge of mechanical components and systems.
* Previous experience in Site management, project management, CI work.
* Strong experience in CPI, product problem management, and/or service engineering.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
* Working knowledge of MEM disciplines and metrics.
* Able to work and demonstrate skills with office software in creating communication, presentations, and spreadsheet.
* Good working knowledge of Caterpillar technology offerings on-board/off- board systems
* Must be willing to travel extensively (50-75%) as well as relocate based upon business needs.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers