As a Business Development Manager at Caterpillar, you will manage a team of marketing support, supply stream support, and contract support professionals to insure the product group delights Caterpillar's largest customers through product realization excellence. You will manage S&OP aspects including forecasting, and top level resource allocation and risks related to under and over absorption. You will be a key member of a team wholly focused on recovery and expansion of Dragline Aftermarket revenues and POPS.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Manage a work unit of 9 management/professional employees
* Manage large, multi-year, long-term contracts for product that often require modification of existing designs
* Lead the development of marketing plans, set objectives, and implement the plan of action to maximize Caterpillar’s share of Dragline Aftermarket business
* Manage incoming market and field data to identify potential customer needs and align Caterpillar resources to meet those needs
* Develop specifications, sales materials and presentations, prepare bids, and execute contracts that are won
* Recommend pricing and cost targets for margins that allow Caterpillar to win business while delivering positive OPACC
* Communicate with many levels of Caterpillar, Caterpillar Dealer, and customer personnel (VP, Purchasing Directors, Engineering Managers, etc.)
* Develop a long-range business strategy and provide monthly RBM input (Forecasts, Cost of sales, Inventory, etc.)
* Provide input to Make/Buy and Sourcing decisions.
* The position is required to travel frequently; up to a full week a month.
* Thorough knowledge of Dragline components, applications, equipment management and product support strategies
* Understanding of Dragline customers and industry competitors
* Detailed knowledge of ultra low volume highly flexible complex manufacturing processes and suppliers of same
* Broad company knowledge and understanding of product and dealer operations
* At least 3 years of leadership or sup exp
* At least 9 years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the business unit and Caterpillar to take specific actions
* Able to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences
Top Candidates will also have:
* Previous experience in operations, including resource loaded project management
* A college or university degree
* Previous 6 Sigma experience, and Product Value Management experience is a plus
* Global Supply Network experience is a plus
* Willingness to travel frequently, travel in the first 6-9 months may exceed 25%
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers