This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tullamarine, VIC, Australia
Date Posted: Jun 17, 2019
As a Commercial Sales Representative within Caterpillar MineStar Solutions, you will be responsible for achieving sales working in conjunction with Cat Dealers and partners, as well as through direct interaction with Underground *UG mining customers. You will be responsible for generating, developing, quoting, negotiating and closing sales of the MineStar Solutions portfolio of Underground products and services.
You will also be accountable for developing and maintaining strong relationships with Cat Dealers in the Asia Pacific, Africa and Middle East regions, and achieving high degrees of customer satisfaction.
You will provide Voice of Customer (VOC) and Voice of Dealer (VOD) to other Mining Technology teams, including product development, support, deployment, and application consulting teams.
As the Commercial Sales Rep you will also be responsible for analyzing the territory market opportunities and trends to assist in the development of the annual business plan, Dealer growth plans and marketing plans. You will work together with commercial support and product teams to develop commercial offers and programs. Additionally, you may be involved in trade and customer association events as well as other activities to assist in the execution of the product strategy.
To be successful, the Commercial Sales Rep will understand the value drivers for mining customers for a variety of underground mining applications as well as profit streams throughout the customer and product/services lifecycle.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Understand mining customer buying behaviors and needs
* Achieve Underground Mining Technology sales targets for Asia Pacific, Africa and Middle East
* Develop sales presentations, techniques and engagements with Dealers and mining customers in the mentioned regions
* Regularly monitor and report on progress and results through the use of Salesforce CRMi online tool.
* Analyze market share, product/service mix, competition, and economic trends within the territory.
* Review industry trends and outlook and apply learnings to the sales engagements in territory.
* Monitor and grow customer loyalty drivers and satisfaction.
* Execute support and sales variance within pre-established budget and guidelines for territory.
* Conduct/participate in customer/dealer training events and application support from field and dealers.
* Execute commercial programs and campaigns within territory, including the commercial aspects of technology hardware and software upgrades.
* Manage the completion of own work assignments and coordinate work with others.
* Provide input, including Voice of Customer and Voice of Dealer, to Mining Technology teams to determine industry solutions.
* Provide input to marketing strategy for UG Mining Technology.
* May establish trade association relationships and act as key liaison.
* Refine processes and procedures to ensure the best use of resources and technology to meet quality goals.
* Carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option.
* Establish and monitor policies and guidelines for project to ensure specific, management goals are met and desired
results are achieved.
Sound commercial and business judgment, analytical skills, leadership skills, and communication skills.
A well developed perspective/understanding of UG mining customers business needs and how they make money.
Understanding of Caterpillar Dealer organization, competitive merchandising programs, and mining operational value drivers.
Ability to work independently in the field in a fast-paced environment.
Sound organizational and time-management skills
Previous commercial, marketing, operational technology, information technology or mining customer experience.
Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time.
A college or university degree in marketing, business, finance, information systems or engineering or equivalent experience.
Preference to candidates with strong knowledge or previous experience in underground hard rock mining applications.
Previous experience working with Caterpillar Technologies, either within the product group or as a dealer or customer.
Previous experience working in mining or having a mining engineer degree