SUMMARY: Develop, integrate and/or support in-house
and purchased application solutions to solve business problems. Work with minimal supervision in developing
solutions to customer related requests and/or system problems.
- Design, develop and test ETL applications consistent
with application architecture guidelines.
- Design error-processing routines.
- Create/manage batch processes.
- Access disparate data sources (databases and flat
files) and apply internal and external business rules, policies and data
- Insure the data is safely and securely transferred to
- Gather mapping and reporting requirements and
coordinate all data movement activities.
- Analyze business requirements as they relate to the ETL
process, research, evaluate and recommend alternative solutions.
- Transform business requirements into technical
- Analyze, develop, install, test, upgrade, maintain and
support complex data/process models, and processes in an ETL environment.
- Work productively in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with business and IT staff
across functional departments.
- Work with management and staff to establish best
practice standards for ETL functions.
- Provide after business hours support for production ETL
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current and emerging
technologies and standards and provide technical direction to management
- Provide technical direction to other team members
including contractors and employees
- Experience with UNIX scripting, SQL strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) disciplines.
- Knowledge of database loading methods
- Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Snowflake database platforms.
- Knowledge of all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Strong testing and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership responsibility for development and maintenance projects.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 3 to 4 years of enterprise technology experience is recommended. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Experience with IBM DataStage, Matillion, or SnapLogic
Data Warehouse Experience
Perform ETL/ELT design, development and unit testing, including data acquisition, cleansing, standardization, validation, staging, database persistence, and job execution processes
Assist in ETL job scheduling, deployment and administration activities.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
DataStage Developer, IBM, ETL, IBM Infosphere