JOB PURPOSE: The Data Governance Transformation Manager is responsible for leading Cat Digital’s data governance transformation program to drive adoption of the data governance framework and operating model. The role plays a critical communication role and drives alignment and coordination of data governance efforts within Cat Digital, other business units, and at dealers.
Cultural transformation and change management
Communicate and champion roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s data
Lead change management efforts with business units to become a data driven organization
Create and coordinate professional development programs for data governance
Coordinate with Data Stewards for each domain to align defined goals within the data governance framework
Support the Data Governance Manager with communication of key governance priorities and successes across the enterprise as needed
Remain constantly informed about the status of data initiatives that impact the business and report them to the data users and stakeholders
Lead the organization’s data governance transformation initiatives
Interact with PMO functions to collect status on program schedules and risks
Proactively communicate progress and risks to the Data Governance Manager and senior leadership teams
Highlight overlapping initiatives and synergies across the organization
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of experience in data governance
- 5+ years of experience in project management and execution
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisor role
Top Candidates will also have:
- Demonstrated ability to network and influence large organizations
- Requires extensive experience with change management
- Requires general understanding of basic business operations including the technical infrastructure and one or more of the following: general business processes, strong marketing acumen, and business unit marketing experience and dealer processes.
- The ability to articulate a vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission and to manage senior relationships across all the business and functional areas
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.