This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Beijing, 11, China
Date Posted: Jun 21, 2019
This position will lead Caterpillar’s aftermarket eCommerce strategy and execution to grow online parts sales in China. The China eCommerce Manager will be responsible for developing strategies for the eCommerce platform and digital marketing to drive results. Marketing execution includes activities to drive qualified traffic to the website utilizing search engine marketing (SEM), retargeting, display, and organic search. Additionally, he/she will work with internal partners such as the Global Aftermarket Solutions Division (GASD) and Cat dealers to develop promotional campaigns to meet conversion targets .
Platform development includes to activities to understand customer behaviors on the existing platform, competitive evaluation and the development functional requirements to enhance the user experience. The execution to improve the platform will be leadership of a New Product Introduction (NPI) process and working with enterprise partners to develop the new functionality.
This position requires a dedication to being data-driven, ROI-focused and a keen focus on online customer experience. And, as the eCommerce landscape changes rapidly, the incumbent will need to remain connected and informed about industry trends and be entrepreneurial in pursuit of new opportunities to drive brand performance, acquisition, retention, and revenue optimization.
- Provide leadership and managerial direction to a division consisting of a Marketing Manager and a Platform Manager and their respective team members.
- Identify critical customer and business requirements for eCommerce solutions within the country.
- Develop prioritized list of business cases for digital platform enhancements and marketing campaigns.
- Addresses functionality development, capacity, costs, quality, supplier development, etc. -- the entire digital platform related functional activities which determine success for current and future product.
- Work closely with Brand team to build online brand presence and social media strategy for eCommerce.
- Evolve marketing strategies to increase effectiveness of eCommerce campaigns.
- Optimize content in digital marketing channels to create a positive customer experience.
- Leverage data analytics to understand opportunities and refine online approach.
- Act as thought leader and subject matter expert in eCommerce educating teams on best practices and emerging opportunities.
- Responsible for coaching personnel, performance evaluations and development of team.
10 years of progressive responsibility and Digital, Marketing or eCommerce experience at Fortune 500 companies
5 years supervisory experience
Knowledge of strategy development and business opportunity creation
Experience in developing, maintaining or enhancing an eCommerce digital platform
Expertise in building an online brand presence and customer experience
Deep knowledge of industry trends, research-based customer insights and eCommerce solutions
Experience working in time-compressed, highly dynamic and potentially ambiguous situations to develop innovative, impactful solutions and achieve milestones and deliverables
Proven ability to operate successfully in a collaborative, global, matrix organization
Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and interpersonal skills to successfully achieve goals across functions in an organization
Understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results
Work effectively in fast paced environment