Resource Industries Strategy Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: May 21, 2019
The Strategy Manager will play a critical role in the success of the Resource Industries Aftermarket Sales Execution Department driving key strategic initiatives and actions interdepartmentally within Global Aftermarket Solutions and across the enterprise. A member of the department leadership team, this position will provide important and strategic input and facilitation and be a key enabler for the Department Head.
- Leading strategy development to improve results for department and division positively impacting POPS-C
- Managing metrics, dashboards and supporting management tools in place to monitor performance and develop processes to increase the sale of Aftermarket Parts and Solutions.
- Identifying improvement opportunities and enterprise-wide implementation of those improvements
- Coordinating and developing annual business plan and department expense budgets and results and coordinates rolling business management with Business Resources
- Planning and directing all projects viewed as critical to department and the enterprise
- Exceptional networking skills, being accessible, responsive and focused on delivery and execution
- Effective champion for the aftermarket, with demonstrated credibility in the organization, able to be persuasive and influence without authority
- Ensures clear communication of objectives, expectations and manages accountability, assigning duties according to capability
- Prioritize critical issues and required information to facilitate efficient decision making
- Organize and facilitate leadership meetings, ensuring clear action items and timely follow-up.
- Provide strategic guidance to Department Head, often leading (or co-leading) strategic initiatives that are outside of functional groups.
- Attend various executive/department meetings to keep a pulse on the business and help connect the dots with others across the company
- Planning leadership events, off-sites, and strategic planning/accountability reviews
- Responsible for driving internal and external communication that supports and accelerates impact of the department
- Assist in onboarding key team members
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Ten years progressively responsible job-related experience, including some project management and/or leadership
Top candidates will also have:
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Ability to distill high level communication into meaningful context and actions
- Consistently meeting ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Ability to navigate and influence in a large matrix organization
- Maintains positive and can-do attitude and approach to work
- Understanding of and credibility in the field of marketing
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit motivated by problem-solving
- MBA or Master's degree
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment web