Quality Specialist (Hodges, South Carolina) - 3rd Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Hodges, SC, United States
Date Posted: Jun 22, 2019
We are currently looking for experienced Quality Specialist's to join our talented Hodges, South Carolina team!
We are currently seeking a Quality Specialist to join Team Caterpillar. You will be responsible for audits where you will analyze special problems arising from faulty methods and recommend corrective measures. You are also responsible for meeting all safety, quality and productivity standards.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing a variety of inspection functions to check quality and accuracy of in-process parts
- Inspects and accepts and/or rejects purchased gauges or gauging equipment
- Analyze special problems arising from faulty methods
- Performs salvage weld operations on miscellaneous parts
- Lays out parts using advanced mathematical calculations and precision inspection equipment
- Operate equipment including forklift, man lift, maintenance truck, snow plow truck, Tractor license will be required
- Noise levels of 85db or greater
- Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
- Ability to read and interpret prints.
- Lift up to 35lbs frequently
- Work at multiple heights
- Climb on equipment, machines, ladders, man lifts and various step stools
- Stand for a minimum of 10 hour shifts with minimal breaks
- Work various shifts and workday schedules including nights and weekends
- Work in environment with frequently changing temperatures and all weather conditions
- Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
- Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
- Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck.
- Work in tight spaces
- Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
- Use of fine motor skills
- Use of maintenance hand tools
- Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, fall restraint harnesses, jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, etc.
- Minimum 1 year of previous manufacturing experience
Top candidates will also have:
- Previous quality experience
- Previous assembly or machine operating experience
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to work various shifts and flexible hours
- 3rd shift hours are Sunday-Thursday 7:00 PM to 5:30 AM.
- Starting wages will range from $17.93-22.77 with an
additional $.75 per hour shift differential for 3rd. Starting
wages are based on qualifications and/or experience
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.