Develops and implements support strategies improve the mechanical availability and productive performance of Cat mining products. Provides frequent communications and input to CGM leadership team and VP responsible for CGM on this high-level initiative. Provides counsel to machine mining Product Managers and Dealers. Manages corporate risk resulting from product performance short falls that may be backstopped by CGM safety nets on customer support agreements and implements timely solutions to avoid company exposure. Provides equipment management expertise, training and analysis services to large mining customers worldwide. Assures monthly reporting of Site Information into CGM.
Determines with Site Performance Support Lead Where Central SPM support team resources can add value. Develops execution of Formal Site Performance Improvement Plans. Shares responsibilities with Mining Region Managers for the following:
- Dealer alignment & engagement of Dealer Site Manager
- Common Definition of Winning at Site with Dealer and Customer
- Site Selection and Exit Strategy
Strategic focus is centered on value contribution as recognized by the customer and viewed as a trusted advisor. The position focuses on Continuous Improvement gains, OPACC growth, Site Strategy, and alignment with Regional, Dealer and Product Groups to effectively deploy Caterpillar support resources.
The position manages a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required as well as training, developing and mentoring. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
Typical internal customers include various contacts in product groups, CGM product support, Continuous Improvement, marketing and local CGM teams worldwide. External contacts include various alliance and CAP customers throughout worldwide markets. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems which may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Cat and dealer rebuild and Parts Quality, etc. The position changes the way work is performed to meet quality goals for the measure(s) stated.
* College or university degree or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of company products and product applications, equipment management, product problem management, and/or warranty practices and procedures.
* Broad company knowledge and strong understanding of dealer operations is also required.
* 10-15 years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
* Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Able to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
* Good human relations skills to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside
and outside the business unit.
* Able to work and set priorities for self and for the work team without day-to-day direct supervision.
The position travels; Travel 25%, with global scope.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers