E&T IT seeks one talented, highly motivated IT professional to fill a critical role as the E&T First-Line Information Technology Manager located at the Houston, Texas facility.
The Job purpose is a mix between IT Operations and IT Engagement. In this role, the person will lead and execute daily IT operations for the Caterpillar Oil & Gas department, including all related subsidiaries (Kemper, Blackhorse, M2M).
This person will be the on-site delegate of the COGMD IT Engagement Manager and has to build and maintain an excellent client relationship. This person will report to the COGMD IT Engagement Manager.
Primary job duties include:
• Understand business unit & segment strategies
• Works with the Engagement Manager on developing and executing the business unit IT strategy through maintaining IT roadmaps, including traditional IT needs as well as Digital solutions.
• Service as a voice for leveraging innovative technology solutions to drive OPACC growth for the business. Success would also require developing a deep understanding of the Oil & Gas business challenges and opportunities.
• Engage and partner with the General Manager of Oil & Gas and the leadership team.
• Provide leadership and continued career development to the E&T IT support staff.
• Drive continuous improvement in IT service levels and reduce the rate of daily incidents.
• Manage strategic relationships, IT planning, and escalations for assigned facilities.
• Provide on-site support for COGMD Vice President and the VP's leadership team.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 7-10 years of progressively complex IT experience generally gained through staff and supervisory assignments in IT and related areas.
• Has thorough understanding of IT products, components and features within their assigned plant/product/service organization and is liaison between the business partners and development team to guide future enhancement requests and project initiatives.
• Serves as primary point of contact for all GIS services within a plant/product/service organization and works with GIS to coordinate with various departments.
• An entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to further develop business knowledge.
• An ability to effectively collaborate with team members, peers, and leadership across organizational boundaries.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills that foster creative solutions.
• Previous technical and leader experience in Caterpillar applications or infrastructure with a broad background in systems hardware, system software, support and development methodologies, business planning, project management, and customer application needs.
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
• Strong customer focus.
• Ability to motivate teams and work across a diverse global staff.
Due to extensive, direct interaction with multiple E&T business partners and some external customers, the candidate must also exhibit strong customer service, leadership, initiative, interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
• Previous experience as a supervisor or team lead (people leader)
• Experience as a program / project manager (or 6 Sigma Black Belt)
• Familiarity with Organizational Change Management and ability to apply the concepts
• Familiarity with ITSM processes and Service Now ticketing system
• Broad-based knowledge of Cat systems.
• Broad understanding of IT Technical disciplines, including: WAN, LAN, Wireless, Security, and PC desktop support.
This job requisition is for a full-time employee (First line IT Manager) located at the Caterpillar Oil & Gas Headquarter in Houston, TX.
Relocation assistance available for this role.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers