To direct an assigned production area in the manufacture and/or assembly of quality
parts to meet established production requirements. Owns and sets the overall direction for the value stream(s) in fabrication, with overall responsibility for PQVC performance of the value stream(s) including CQMS certification and CPS Assessment scores.
JOB DUTIES: Reporting directly to this position are Section Managers and various levels of Operations
The incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day three shift operations of multiple fabrication areas including production/assembly, testing, quality, quantity and flow within area. Incumbent will manage overtime and scheduling of machines and shipments. Incumbent is expected to conduct all safety and ergonomic related investigations and manage the budget.
Principle Activities include:
1. Ensures effective operation of an assigned area of manufacturing to meet established schedules and
production requirements while maintaining cost. Develops plans for efficient use of materials,
machines and manpower to achieve manufacturing cost, quality and inventory management target.
2. Monitors customer delivery performance, cost reduction programs, lead-time improvements, and
quality improvement projects that will enhance customer value and business unit results.
3. Establishes cost and quality goals and ensures the efficient integration of factory, logistics,
maintenance and quality to achieve targets for assigned area.
4. Ensures proper direction and supervision of activities in assigned area to maintain effective utilization
of personnel and machinery.
5. Determines needs and coordinates actions required to maintain standards of efficiency, quality and
safety in area supervised.
6. Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal
7. Promotes development of people through continued education, employee involvement, increased
responsibility and ergonomics. Trains new supervisors on manufacturing quality. Sets goals and
assists team in meeting quality goals/standards.
8. Position should have good working knowledge of handbook and regulations.
CPS responsibilities include:
1. Manages multiple sections and reports to the factory manager.
2. Owns the Continuous Improvement process, making sure new ideas are generated, worked and
implemented, and any roadblocks are eliminated.
3. Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Section Managers, Team Leads and Team
4. Develops detailed near-term and long-term production plans.
5. Drives root cause analysis and resolution on all forms of loss, i.e., safety, quality, production.
6. Performs periodic audits for safety behavior, 5S, quality and CQMS, standard work, productivity
and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
This position will be responsible for a three-shift operation and/or may have responsibility
for a major area on a specific shift. Coordination of material, equipment, manpower and quality rests with
this position as well as meeting schedule requirements. Work direction, problem solving and coordination
with support departments is a major responsibility. Determining budget requirements, cost savings
projects, forecasting production needs and ensuring quality standards are maintained rests with this
Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety,
ergonomics, affirmative action, etc. in performing assigned duties.