As a Supplier Development Engineer - Site, you will provide technical expertise and leadership to Product Sourcing Teams for evaluation and development of new and existing suppliers worldwide, while maximizing Quality, Cost, Logistics, Delivery, and Management at the supply base.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Work with suppliers to assure proper process control standards are in place and continuously monitor key manufacturing processes for improvement opportunities
* Ensure suppliers have adequate people, training, tooling, fixturing, and equipment
* Monitor suppliers’ adherence to Process Change Notification on a timely and cost effective basis as well as to develop the supply base to fulfill the total requirements from Caterpillar System implementation
* Support Product Sourcing Strategy and provide technical leadership in new supplier selection
* Evaluate and develop new supplier’s technological capability to meet requirements for Caterpillar Inc. Supplier Excellence Program
* Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of technological developments and trends for guidance of commodity teams in advancements of design, quality, and manufacturing
* Provide resolution and ensure implementation of robust solutions for quality problems associated with the purchased materials, logistics, and engineering issues
* Support and participate in 6 Sigma initiatives with facilities, category teams, and suppliers
background, Bachelor’s degree or above.
* Supplier Development Engineer experience or CPPD experience in 2- 3 years is required.
* Familiarity with manufacturing
processes and assemblies, knowledge of shop operations and maintenance
* Good human relation/communication skills as well as possess the potential for
leadership is required to develop a cooperative working relationship with
others inside and outside of Caterpillar
* Solid ability to use and demonstrate statistical and problem solving tools
* familiar with H/T and APQP/CPS experience is desired
oral and written English is desired