This job posting is no longer active.
Location: , United States
Date Posted: May 24, 2019
When you are a Used Equipment Sales and Operations Representative at Caterpillar, you will have direct responsibility for Caterpillar’s Cat Certified Used sales business plan through the dealer network and you will assist dealers to achieve operational excellence in the used equipment area. You will have a direct impact on dealer profitability. You will conduct detailed analyses of dealer used equipment operations and make appropriate recommendations. You will leverage the Ritchie Bros Strategic Alliance and work in collaboration with the Rental field force. This position is strategic to the achievement of Caterpillar’s growing ambitions in the rental industry and in the aftermarket opportunity.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Delivery of Caterpillar’s annual business plan for dealer sales of Cat Certified Used units and associated services such as connectivity and Customer Value Agreements sold with CCUs.
* Conduct detailed analyses of dealer used equipment operations (coverage, forecasting, inventory management, and claims processing, etc.) with special emphasis on streamlining processes and improving dealer used equipment business profitability. Collaborate with internal partners (Cat Financial, GASD, BCP/GCI retail teams) to achieve desired improvements.
* Ensure dealer alignment with Caterpillar used equipment strategy, enterprise initiatives and operational excellence standards.
* Leverage the Strategic Alliance with Ritchie Brothers to support dealers growth in the used industry
* Use established used equipment operational and financial benchmarks to measure the health of the dealer’s used equipment business.
* Evaluate individual dealer performance and develop appropriate recommendations to optimize dealer participation in the used equipment opportunity for the assigned service territory.
* Evaluate training needs of dealer used equipment operations staff and leverage existing materials and resources to satisfy those training requirements.
* Manage completion of own work assignments and coordinate work with others. Quickly and correctly identify problems that may not be obvious; determine best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions.
* Travel: 50%.
* A college or university degree or equivalent experience.
* 4 to 6 years prior experience in field assignments.
* Sales and results oriented and demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate effectively and influence others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
* Demonstrated ability to work on larger scale and on more complex assignments.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures
* Knowledge of rental and used markets