We encourage our people to stretch their capabilities and use their expertise to help us deliver on our strategy and contribute to our long-term goals. We drive clarity in our decision making, allowing you to focus on the most important opportunities that help ensure we remain a winning team.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Category Buyer located in our Peoria, IL facility.
As a Category Buyer, you will provide purchasing solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management to deliver maximum value.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for development, communication, and implementation of a global sourcing strategy for unformed Undercarriage Track Shoe Long Bar steel sections and fabricated Ground Engaging Tools
- Lead strategic sourcing & supply base strategy development and subsequent execution
- Manage policies, agreements, source catalogs, and special purchasing programs; and supporting specific product line(s) NPI programs
- Serve as the primary contact between Caterpillar and the supply base for commercial discussions/negotiations with suppliers, being the recognized expert for his or her assigned portion of the global category
- Draft, negotiate, and execute contractual documents including but not limited to master purchase agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, and other ordering documents
Travel: The position may require up to 10% travel time.
- Undergraduate degree from a college or university – or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- Experience in the unformed steel and/or metals industry
- Extremely strong negotiator, able to interpret, analyze and negotiate contractual cost elements
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
Top Candidates will also have:
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
- Experience in Procurement or Supply Management preferred
- Effective communicator in written and oral form; can develop high level PowerPoint messaging
- Functional leadership with ability to direct teams, suppliers and customers to solutions
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are needed in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions
- Self-starter, able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management