This position reports to the Digital Technology Manager of the Enterprise Customer Relationship Management team. Customers may include Caterpillar dealers, internal Caterpillar organizations (service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, other Information Technology teams or business partners. Candidates for this position will have an opportunity to build out the integrations framework on Heroku to connect dealer and internal systems with Caterpillar instances of Salesforce. Rapid application development, using test driven agile techniques, will be the norm. Python will be leveraged to build the framework and candidates will be working daily using source code management (git), API gateways/managers, Continuous Delivery tools, and a modern Software Development Lifecycle process. He/she will be part of a distributed team of developers working together collaboratively.
1. Competent to perform all programming, development, integration and system administration assignments without close supervision.
2. Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs of high complexity.
3. Configuration or customization of purchased software solutions with high complexity.
4. Provides project management, programming, systems, and/or system administration leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
5. Works on more complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
6. Works independently on complex processes and modules that may be used by one or more programs, systems or in support of infrastructure component change management.
7. Develops major system modules, programs or infrastructure released based on requirements gathered from system customers.
8. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of system components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results
9. Fully knowledgeable of programming languages appropriate to the platform supported, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems;
10. Performs integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased hardware and software solutions.
11. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree
3+ years or more of IT experience
Object Oriented Programming proficiency using Python
Application development experience
3+ years working with SQL
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
Experience in Cloud computing (Heroku, AWS) and Source code management (git).
Experience in developing Salesforce Integration using Heroku Connect and Salesforce REST API.
Knowledge of testing frameworks for application load testing, unit testing, regression testing.
Knowledge of API development, Continuous Delivery tools, and modern Software Development Lifecycle processes.
Application development experience, focusing on developing REST APIs with Flask