This position reports to the Digital Technology Manager of the Enterprise Customer Relationship Management team. Customers may include Caterpillar dealers, internal Caterpillar organizations (service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, other Information Technology teams or business partners. Candidates for this position will be responsible for application quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity of solutions built on the Salesforce platform. They will manage all interactions with the application, utilize best practices and ensure application usability. Key areas of accountability include developing solutions for projects/programs and providing input into application evolution plans. Responsibilities include one or more of the following:
1. Competent to code, develop systems solutions, and project management without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
2. Provides application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members including the reviews of functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
3. Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
4. Develops major system modules, programs or integrates infrastructure components based on requirements gathered from customers.
5. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
6. Fully knowledgeable of the relevant programming languages, application architecture, diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems and cross platform infrastructure components; can provide training on these topics for others.
7. Performs implementation and integration tasks for medium to large, complex in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions.
8. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
9. Integrates processes across functional organizations.
10. Participate in technology evaluation and recommendations.
11. Assists in the development and alignment of the IT roadmaps to IT and Business strategy.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree
5 years or more of IT experience
Object Oriented Programming proficiency
Application development experience, focusing on Salesforce config and APEX coding
3+ years working with SQL
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
Salesforce Admin, Developer, Designer, and Architect certifications
Experience in designing Salesforce solutions for Sales, Service, and Community Clouds
Knowledge of Continuous Delivery tools and modern Software Development Lifecycle processes
Knowledge of testing frameworks for application load testing, unit testing, regression testing