It’s not just a job. It’s a chance to build a career. A career with Caterpillar allows you to work globally, collaborate with the best, do meaningful work, be empowered and inspired and grow. Find your success with a global leader, apply today!
The Lafayette Applications team has an opportunity for an individual who is interested in a Programming/Analyst position for a variety of manufacturing and engineering applications to support business processes at multiple facilities.
This position reports to an IT Manager as do other staff jobs in application and programming sections. Customers may include internal Caterpillar organizations (service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, other Information Technology teams or business partners, and users of Caterpillar product and/or dealers. Responsibilities of the incumbents are along functional lines with individual IT Web Application developer assigned new program development and/or maintenance of existing WEB and/or distributed computing systems.
Primary Job Duties include:
1. Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs of varying degrees of complexity using .Net C# and ColdFusion programming languages
2. Evaluates recommended software and/or program changes and their potential impact on the environment and execution results.
3. Works on application/technical problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions.
4. Works independently on complex programs/subroutines.
5. Under the direction of more experienced staff, assists in the development of major system modules and programs.
6. Fully qualified to perform most programming assignments without close supervision.
7. Fully knowledgeable of programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, testing, debugging and documentation.
8. May perform integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions.
9. Improves development and support processes.