This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Qingdao, 37, China
Date Posted: May 20, 2019
Product Application Specialist position is liaison between market team and product team, will serve as an expert in the field of earthmoving or other construction machinery. Role will provide product and application expertise to the Product Groups and New Product Introduction (NPI) team during various NPI phases in terms of voice of the customer collection/communication, development of functional specifications and critical customer requirements. Will also be engaged in competitive comparison, evaluations and analysis. He will work with regional production application specialists, PMCs and other sales experts in terms of industry understanding, sales and marketing recommendations and product training.
1. Responsible for developing critical customer product application requirements and product functional specifications for input to the NPI programs and gaining approval from the PM at the NPI Gate Reviews:
2. Owns sales & marketing requirements and VOC input to New Product Introduction Development (NPI), this includes the collection, prioritization and communication of Voice of the Customer, get alignment between field teams in terms of prioritizing, and manage the unmet list.
3. Defines value on new product features, functional and technical specifications and general product requirements, provide justification for those values that been required from market, in same for same value positioning approach.
4. Identify, manage and provide reports on competitive performance studies, feature/benefit comparisons and maintenance and repair cost analysis, to support Value Analysis work from NPI team.
5. Apply knowledge of products, technology, industry, customers etc., into strategic planning and work with PMCs for SEM product long term development market input documentation.
6. For both NPI product and general product line under his/her responsible area, based on customer buying criteria understanding, develop proper product training or comparison materials for region application or sales team and dealers, support the value selling message packing
7. Miscellaneous: There is other miscellaneous business assignment may apply to this position subject to business decision.
1. 4yr college or university degree from an accredited or equivalent experience for engineering
2. Fluent in Mandarin and English
3. 5 years industry experience
4. Basic computer knowledge Excel, PowerPoint
5. Willing and able to travel globally
1. At least 5 years working experiences in construction machinery industry and with solid customer interfaced experiences, who with earthmoving application experiences and relative product design experiences will be prioritized.
2. Fluent in spoken & written in English and can compose marketing reports and functional requirements.
3. Specific industry knowledge related to the China markets and some emerging markets
4. Previous experience in sales, marketing or dealer development for construction equipment
5. Broad business background, specific long-term industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
6. Ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
7. Ability to clearly demonstrate the ability to understand and articulate technical machine performance and application knowledge that allows you to be regarded as an "expert" in product application.