As a Purchasing Analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to take advantage of your analytical and problem-solving skills to quickly and accurately identify solutions to critical facility and maintenance problems. By addressing these challenges, you’ll impact key quality goals, including:
- customer satisfaction,
- continuous improvement,
- cost savings, and process quality
Specifically, you’ll be responsible for the purchase of direct and indirect materials for one to multiple site locations, with purchasing duties that may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Placing orders to Caterpillar Global Purchasing for operation supplies and following up on order status;
- Contacting approved suppliers directly for office supplies and other materials and serving as primary contact for both suppliers and Caterpillar Global Purchasing; and,
- Reconciling invoices and keeping track of all capital purchases and assets through the year
- Knowledge of various purchasing and materials systems;
- Knowledge of receiving report processing;
- Knowledge of local shipping regulations; and
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley practice
- Two years of related technical or apprenticeship education, or equivalent on-the-job training; and
- Three to five years of job-related work experience, undergraduate degree from a college or university – or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will also demonstrate effective communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a collaborative work style.
Where will you take your career? Where do you want to go? You can continue to learn, grow and contribute within one company, Caterpillar.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.