Senior Application Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019
Engineers may work in any number of functional areas requiring an engineering degree, including, but not limited to, product design, development, research, quality, reliability, materials, manufacturing process, application and installation, product performance/support and service.
The key role of this engineering position is to
- Understand customer's business, with enterprise revenue of > $30 M USD, leading OEM technical relationship becoming a trusted advisor. Manage engine spec development, supporting customer and engine design change impact, supporting any A&I CPI projects. Liaise with customer personnel at all levels.
- Execute customer projects through the Customer A&I process, delivering integrated engines to quality, time and cost targets making timely decisions on approval risks. Alert customer to mandatory and recommended improvements.
- Complete assessment of machine design against A&I guidelines and complete design calculations. Work with customer on machine design improvements to enhance performance, reliability and cost utilizing existing engine designs where possible.
- Capture customer/ market sector technical requirements, create FRD’s from VOC and support development to translate into standard or bespoke product offering.
- Critical customer information, drawings and production intent photos and data recorded, key actions successfully followed through with customer and machine recommended for production approval with engine warranty cover.
- Liaise with engineering to create applications guidelines that can be practically checked during machine development. Including A&I Guides, Installation Audit forms, tests procedures.
- Track emissions exempt engines at customers ensuring compliance.
- Ability to capture, collate, engine diagnostic data using specialist tools (CANAPE/ DATALOGGER /EST/ET, etc.). Interpret results and draw conclusions and implement permanent solution.
- Evaluate & Contribute to the design of new products and processes setup.
- Fully represent customers in Engineering and Program teams.
- Help support other customer field and service issues.
in use of Standard business tools including, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes,
Power Point, etc.
manage customers programs with minimum supervision.
to travel globally up to 30% of time to meet customer expectation and support
to visit customer site at short notice (less than 24 hrs) to investigate
customer critical field issues.
- Well understanding engine knowledge, performance,
aftertreatment, NHV, machine transmission, and hydraulic.
- More than 5 years of engine application working