As an Engineer and Engineering Project Team Lead in the Large Mining Trucks Technology team, you will lead a team to solve complex, global technical problems or create critical components and systems. You will manage the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach enterprise team members, and deepen your professional network. Your team will be responsible for applying autonomous technologies to Large Mining Trucks.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Lead test and validation projects on Large Mining Trucks at the Tucson Proving Ground
* Develop detailed test plans for machine level test programs
* Provide technical guidance and initiate ideas
* Communicate results to global customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Lead test engineers in the development of new products, components, and systems
* Complete projects on time and on cost
* Acknowledge and raise customers’ and management’s awareness of trade-offs between time, resources and quality
* Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum
* 8+ years of job-related experience, including product, system, or component design experience
* Strong analytical skills
* Proven team leadership skills
Top candidates will also have:
* Project management experience.
* Familiarity with cost accounting and cost analysis tools.
* Experience with data analytics, team leadership
* 6 Sigma Blackbelt.
* Machine level experience in design, manufacturing, and product application knowledge.
* Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
* LMT experience, engineering design, product development, product support experience.
* Experience in the testing of large mining trucks or other mining equipment.
* Experience working at a Caterpillar Proving Ground facility (Tucson, Peoria, or China)
* Experience with Autonomous Systems
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers