Caterpillar’s Large Mining Trucks (LMT), a department within Surface Mining and Technology, is currently seeking a Product Service Engineer to be located in Tucson, AZ. Reporting to the Product Support Manager, you will work closely with Caterpillar dealers and customers as well as Caterpillar Field, Engineering and Supply Chain partners to provide technical support, ensuring customer’s achieve maximum uptime, fair value and satisfaction with our products. You have advanced technical skills in investigating, troubleshooting, and problem-solving application and technical problems across multiple machine systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct dealer and customer site visits to provide technical assistance and training
* Understand product performance versus customer expectations and benchmark versus competition.
* Determine the scope of existing deficiencies and potential improvements, request engineering changes or manufacturing modifications to correct problems, and work through applicable departments to effect changes.
* Advocate on behalf of the dealer and customer to resolve technical product issues with product development engineering
* Communicate with dealers regarding status, problem troubleshooting, etc.
* Respond to Dealer Support Network (DSN) inquiries
* Create and maintain a support environment that facilitates issue diagnostics and customer connectivity
* Take part in 24 x 7 x 365 Incident Management on call
* Create detailed trip reports from all dealer and customer visits.
* Participate in the collection of reliability information used to set design goals and to quantitatively evaluate product reliability.
* Assist in preparation of literature concerning product; assist on product tooling and diagnostic recommendations; initiate rework campaigns; keep abreast of safety reports which could cause liability and high warranty cost
* Support mining truck Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) and New Product Introduction (NPI) projects.
* Technical/engineering background and several years of engineering or field experience
* Considerable technical, product and service knowledge of Large Mining Trucks.
* Ability to collaborate with field team, dealers and customers to resolve complicated technical issues.
* Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills are also required.
Top Candidates will have:
* Mining industry experience
* Black Belt experience
* Ability to effectively communicate with technically and non-technically skilled miners
* Process oriented
* Self-motivated and organized
* Highly skilled at multi-tasking
* Clear written and verbal communication with strong attention to detail
* Availability and desire to travel domestically and/or internationally on assignment at dealer locations and mine sites – approx. 25-40%
* ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS - This position requires mine site support work at times. The selected applicant will be required to complete and pass regulatory mine safety training, and travel to and work for short periods of time in mining environments. Time spent in a mining environment would typically be 5-10 days.
* This job role is primary performed during normal day shift hours but does include some off-shift and weekend responsibilities.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers