This position within the Electric Rope Shovel (ERS) Engineering team is responsible for the dual functions of Heavy Structure design and Light Structure design. The engineer in this role will both contribute to and lead small teams to complete complex design and development projects. This includes using CPPD with the Marketing, Purchasing, and Manufacturing teams to help plan and implement projects to solve problems on existing machines and on future machines. This position includes the analysis of their designed components using Creo and Creo Simulate. Corporate and world-wide standards and regulations will be used to design the machine. The engineer will grow in both knowledge and their career as they interact with engineering experts and corporate experts to help them solve problems and as they help and mentor younger engineers.
This engineer will support the ERS engineering team as they balance customer and business requirements during NPI, CPI, and design reviews and their goals for this job role will hinge around meeting time, cost, and quality targets. This role will be located in Tucson, AZ.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Begin partnering with and providing technical guidance within and between teams
* Collaborate with component design teams to evaluate impact of proposed designs on requirements
* Collaborate with CPPD teams to ensure design requirements are met
with validation engineers to analyze concepts for new designs generated for CPI
resolution or NPI
* Design/Evaluate new products or systems
* Perform design calculations, present facts and data, and lead or participate in design decisions
* Gather relevant information to compare and contrast data, identify relationships and predict performance
* Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Mechanical, Structural, or other relevant engineering curriculum
* 2 - 6 years of relevant product design experience using Creo and Creo-Simulate
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Technical experience through a full NPI cycle
* Good communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
Top Candidates will also have:
* Machine structural design experience
* Master’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum.
* 6 Sigma experienceCaterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers