Pilot Programs - Program Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: May 17, 2019
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they're really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
This position will manage priority projects and dealer pilot programs for the Integrated Services department within the Caterpillar Global Aftermarket Solutions Division. We are looking to lead a cultural shift to Services in Caterpillar, and this role will help to drive that change through piloting new services and offerings in support of growing our Customer Value Agreements (point of sale and aftermarket support agreements). This role will work across multiple business partner both within Caterpillar and with our global distribution/dealer network.
- Collaborate with Aftermarket Integrated Services Marketing and Commercial teams to define pilot program scope, deliverables, metrics, and milestones
- Define workstreams necessary to complete pilots
- Define needs and engage the appropriate organizations within Caterpillar that are necessary to complete pilots
- Work with multiple enterprise partners and pilot dealers to align on pilot project plan milestones and roles and responsibilities
- Lead pilots with dealers
- Develop robust communication and change management plans, provide regular stakeholder updates, and support enterprise reporting requirements and communications related to pilots
- Directly accountable for managing and completing pilots in alignment with overall department commitments
- Responsible for documenting key pilot metrics, lessons learned, and recommendations from the pilot
- Define dealer capabilities necessary to sell and deliver offerings piloted
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading projects in complex/matrix organizations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with aftermarket, product support, or customer services functions
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing or working with extended business partners (like distribution or supplier network)
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- New product or service development or prime product marketing experience
- Experience with 6-Sigma or other structure continuous improvement methodologies
- Demonstrated change management skills in complex/matrix organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, agile culture
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of aftermarket services and agreements
- This position will be located in Chicago or Peoria, IL
- Travel required 25-50%
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.