This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Thiruvallur, TN, India
Date Posted: Dec 14, 2019
O150 Manufacturing Engineer 2
Manufacturing Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team
to maintain and improve processes and systems used in manufacturing. In
addition, Manufacturing Engineers function as a specialist and subject matter
expert for technical planning throughout a manufacturing facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Analyze requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, training, equipment needs, and engineering product designs
* Complete both specialized and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions
* Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies to define desired results, assess value proposition and determine project plans
* Analyze, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement machine tools
* Perform capital forecasting correlation and reporting as it relates to new product introduction, product capacity increases, machine replacement and process continuous improvement
* Perform process improvement activities to reduce material and machining cost
* Analyze tooling failures and evaluate tool characteristics and requirements
* Improve space utilization in manufacturing.
* Develop and implement processes in line with Caterpillar standards.
* Interface with Tool design to develop
* Review and develop APQP for NPI, EN & Process changes
* Analyze and deploys engineering
* Troubleshoot day-to-day process issues, develops solutions, and monitors improvements to impact PQVC and Independently Operate CNC machines for process trials
* University or technical
school degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline
* Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
* Minimum of 5 year of manufacturing engineering-machining related experience
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills