This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Jun 25, 2019
This position is responsible for emissions certification for both engines and machines sold by Caterpillar in China. The incumbent:
· Works with cross-functional stakeholders to understand the impact of certification requirements and processes to Caterpillar’s business in China.
· Engages with and influences VECC on emissions certification policy.
· Negotiates with China national labs on plans, procedures and schedule for product certification testing of Caterpillar products.
· Works with Caterpillar engineering teams to plan, prepare and conduct emission certifications in national labs and ensure emission certificates are obtained on time.
· Prepares and communicates information to internal stakeholders on topics relating to China emissions certification policy and requirements through a variety of media (workshops, monthly reports, etc.).
· Excellent communication skills in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
· Strong critical thinking, problem solving and organization skills.
· Proven ability to work independently and appropriately prioritize workload.
· Ability to read, comprehend and follow complex requirements for Emissions Certifications.
· Technical background and understanding of diesel engine technology and regulated exhaust emissions (NOx, PM, HC and CO).
BS in Engineering or equivalent experience.
· At least 5 years leading projects.
· At least 5 years in product development.
· Top candidates will have prior diesel engine development experience.