Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD) Strategy Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jun 19, 2019
DO MEANINGFUL WORK
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar. The time you give to your job is important for your life and career. We can help you make it what you want it to be. After all, your work enables our progress.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Strategy Manager located in the Chicago, IL area. As a Strategy Manager at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for providing leadership in the development, coordination, communication, and implementation in support of strategic initiatives for the Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD). This role reports directly to the Strategy Director of PSLD. This role will also provide leadership to PSLD’s governance process in support of strategy development and implementation and special projects sponsored by the VP. This will include project identification, portfolio management, project prioritization and project management. This role is critical in the execution of PSLD’s strategy in support of the Customer & Dealer Support (C&DS) portfolio and aligned to its governance process maximizing value for the enterprise.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Formulate business strategies and ensure strategies and plans provide the greatest sustainable competitive advantage and maximize shareholders’ total return
- These strategies will cover the entire portfolio including the full integration of the recently added integrated logistics organization and C&DS direct purchasing organization, M&A, OPACC Improvement Agenda performance reporting, and definition of incremental synergies and margin enhancement opportunities
- Define and manage the governance process required to achieve vision and aspirational goals
- Manage portfolio of strategic initiatives including cadence of updates related to milestones, road blocks and successes
- Ensure seamless alignment with enterprise and segment strategy to PSLD’s strategic imperatives
- Manage “systematic frameworks” for strategy formulation
- Provide strategy development consulting and project management
- Work with communications team to ensure appropriate communication strategies and audiences for all messaging related to strategy
- Define appropriate implementation plans for strategies, meeting cadence and progress metrics
- Define appropriate implementation plans for overall strategy and key projects and provide planning and performance monitoring on an ongoing basis
- Innovation – providing the framework and governance for PSLD’s innovation process
- Business Council coordination – ensuring that PSLD is updating their internal partners on a regular cadence with key initiatives that impact their business goals. Frequent updates, standard templates and meeting cadence will be key elements.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or similar field
- 2+ years of strategic business consulting
- Multi-business unit or multi-industry experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Ability to set bold goals, strategies to achieve those goals, and turn strategies into action
- Exceptional leadership and networking skills
- Ability to be futuristic and proactive
- Ability to build consensus
- Ability to simplify complex information and develop clear communications and presentation materials to a variety of audiences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to multiple cultures and countries; fluent in English
- Global work experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
This position will require travel up to 50% of the time.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.