DO MEANINGFUL WORK
Wherever your passion lies, you’ll find a home here. Caterpillar’s
Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) designs and manufactures diesel, gas and
reman engines, ranging from 400 kilowatts to 16 megawatts of power, and the key
engine systems such as fuel, air, after treatment and cooling which are used to
power oil & gas, electric power, marine, rail and Cat machine
applications around the world. Large aftertreatment serves each of these
customers to deliver product at high quality to meet commitment dates.
LPSD currently has an
opening for a Parts Operations Consultant at our Mossville, IL facility. In this role, you will contribute to the Caterpillar and dealer business plan by collaborating closely with engineering, purchasing, and pricing teams to work complex parts OPACC improvement issues.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Apply previous field experience and knowledge of process improvement methodologies to improve dealer profitability
- Coordinate LPSD's parts & services growth efforts, goals, & metrics amongst LPSD and with our go to market partners
- Be very familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies
- Contribute to the identification, analysis and resolution of product support needs and problems in assigned district(s)
- Perform complex analysis work, identify and resolve problems that are less tactical and more strategic in nature
- Develop and meet expectations; deliver results, consider and recommend alternative courses of actions, make timely decisions and develop greater communication skills
- Work more directly with other Caterpillar units, customers, and possibly, suppliers
- Monitor parts operations metrics and develop improvements
- Direct development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes
- Enhance communication and people relationship skills, improve problem solving and analysis techniques, build and use business skills, enhance use of Caterpillar systems and develop leadership abilities
- Stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
- A Bachelor degree combined with 3 to 5 years prior experience in field assignments and/or 3 to 5 years supply chain distribution assignments
- 3+ years with Product Support and/or Parts Marketing
- In lieu of a degree, 5 years Supply Chain Distribution and/or Marketing experience will be accepted
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers
- Able to work on increasingly more complex assignments and provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments
- Familiar with company polices and procedures with a strong department background
- This position will require up to 25% travel
- Relocation assistance is available for this position
- This position closes at 11:59 p.m. on March 26, 2019
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.