Business Development Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mossville, IL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2019
We encourage our people to stretch their capabilities and use their expertise to help us deliver on our strategy and contribute to our long-term goals. We drive clarity in our decision making, allowing you to focus on the most important opportunities that help ensure we remain a winning team.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Business Development Manager located in the Mossville, IL facility. When you are a Business Development Manager at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for representing all FG Wilson sales and distribution interests in the assigned territory, including day-to-day Warranty responsibility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct regular meetings to ensure that accurate reporting is conducted on Order intake, shipments, delivery issues, parts shipments, parts issues, product issues, market status and sale forecast to support Caterpillar fluids, forecasting and sales, as well as Market pricing and Competitor activity.
- Present the reporting on each of the above at quarterly business reviews.
- Participate in regular customer, dealer, and supplier visits.
- Support marketing campaigns including advertising, trade shows, NPI launches, marketing events and exhibitions.
- Complete monthly sales forecast in line with growth targets.
- Ensure a marketing strategy alignment with EBD, MBD, PSLD, and GASD growth initiatives to ensure it is maintained; attend regular meetings to ensure alignment.
- Establish and administer dealer development plans in conjunction with the geographical expansion, training plans, sales plans etc.
- Manage completion of own work assignments and coordinate work with others.
- Quickly and correctly identify problems that may not be obvious and solve problems; determine the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions.
- Know in advance the details of what needs to be done to serve customers and the standard procedures in place to accomplish it.
- A bachelor degree from an accredited university
- 6 + years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- Experience with cost analysis, pricing, and negotiation
- 3 + years experience with parts preferably Fluids
Top candidates will also have:
- Dealer, Customer, and Supplier experience
- Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background
- Strong social and relationship development skills to build trust for long-term direct sales success
- Strong sales, and business process knowledge to recommend the best products for each customer’s needs and applications
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Good human relations skills to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside of Caterpillar
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.