JOB SUMMARY: Provide administrative support and a certain level of experience and skills needed to segments of the organization. Responsibilities and tasks assigned require some use of independent judgment and initiative.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position may perform a variety of tasks for multiple incumbents, which will differ according to the department/Subsidiary. Among some of the tasks may be the following:
- Coordinates the communication flow on behalf of the individuals or groups supported, which includes e-mail flow administration, sending/receiving faxes, composing correspondence, preparing mailings, compiling documents, fielding incoming phone calls, and receiving and sorting mail.
- Prepares documents, reports and presentations.
- Coordinates small projects that support the work of individuals or groups assigned, which involves collecting information, performing research, and planning events, meetings, social gatherings.
- Facilitates schedules and travel for individuals or groups supported, which includes tracking schedules and keeping calendars up-to-date, making travel arrangements, preparing expense books and expense reports, and processing invoices, as necessary
- Facilitates the work of those supported, which includes scheduling meeting rooms, dealing with cleaning crews, keeping keys of offices and facility, ordering office supplies, dealing with vendors, and greeting visitors.
- Assists in the interpretation and enforcement of the HR policies, practices and procedures. Ensures compliance with policies through training, coaching, audits and ongoing review of personnel actions.
- Gathers data on employee movement, such as hiring, promotions, lateral transfers and terminations for local input and entry in PeopleSoft system.
- Assists in the administration of Compensation processes, such as merit increases, equity adjustments, promotions and lateral transfers and in notification to local payroll providers.
- Administers performance management program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
- Generates various reports to meet statutory or organizational requirements.
- Provides payroll administration when applicable. Administration may include following-up on sickness, vacation and overtime; preparing information for payroll external subcontractor; correcting and timely information for PeopleSoft for all modifications; administering EIP and pension fund; and filling all social returns.
- Maintains updated personnel files on each employee.
- Works with managers to develop and maintain job descriptions. Ensures that the descriptions are accurate and that job requirements are comparable to similarly graded jobs. Obtains approval from HQ HR before publishing new job descriptions.
- Provides Office Services duties when applicable to meet the facility requirements including dealing with third parties vendors, which provide cleaning, copy machines, office supplies, mail delivery, cafeteria, security, landlord, disaster recovery, etc.
- Coordinates local medical requirements, which provide physicals, drug tests, annual medical visits, etc.
- Assists International Service Employee’s (ISE) needs, such as visa process, work permit, housing search/negotiations, car allowances, schooling information, local market survey, etc.
- Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of company organization with working knowledge of functions and responsibilities of the departments within the assigned administrative area.
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply organizational skills, planning, and time management skills for self and others.
- Knowledge of domestic and international travel services as well as scheduling techniques and guidelines involving expense reporting.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply shorthand/speed-writing and proofreading techniques.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to apply effective oral, written, and listening communication skills.
- Ability to apply problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to operate office equipment including a telephone system and desktop/laptop computers.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated typing/keyboards skills.
- Knowledge of various countries’ labor laws and regulations governing the Human Resources function.
- Knowledge of Human resources policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships working effectively with others inside and outside the company.
- Ability to maintain high-level of confidentiality (must sign confidentiality agreement).
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent GED certificate and a minimum of 2 years experience in a secretarial/administrative role is recommended. Completion of formal secretarial training is recommended.