This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2019
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The Assistant General Counsel advises CFIS personnel regarding matters which frequently involve substantial sums, complex issues, and direct interface at upper management levels. Transaction support often involves direct contact and negotiation with end users or dealer customers to resolve issues and finalize documents under short time constraints. The incumbent conducts legal research and drafts or revises various legal documents for financial transactions. Advice, interpretation, opinions, and recommendations are provided over a comprehensive area of the law, both U.S. and worldwide, including secured transactions, marine financing, corporate, securities, labor, insurance, service contracts, independent power projects, and procurement.
2. Provides advice, interpretation, opinions, and recommendations concerning insurance regulatory and business matters. Has full responsibility for strategic planning and management of activity through the assigned paralegal and outside counsel such that actions are taken to protect CFIS interests and maximize recoveries. Requires management of outside counsel engagement and cost and performance.
3. Responsible for individual maintenance and further development of legal knowledge related to core business activities, and for the development of educational programs, materials, and skills for Region Office, Headquarters, and department support personnel. Serves as Compliance Officer and performs occasional audits of matters to ensure conformity to required procedures and practices, and initiates corrective action when required.
4. Quality is maintained in this position through the ability of the incumbent to provide sound, accurate legal advice throughout CFIS. Must stay abreast of the current legal system and must pay close attention to detail in the development of CFIS contracts for various internal and external customers. Serves as Secretary responsible for corporate governance.
5. Participates on Investment Committee with advanced knowledge of insurance investment practices and regulations.
6. Participates on Pricing Committee with advanced knowledge of risk transfer, rate adequacy and unfair and discriminatory rate laws and regulations.
7. Participates on Anti-Fraud Committee with advanced knowledge of insurance fraud laws, regulations and reporting requirements.
8. Participates on the ORSA Committee with advanced knowledge of enterprise risk management requirements for licensed insurance entities.
9. Sits as Chief Compliance Officer of CFIS and chairs relevant compliance administration committees.
10. Participates in the established continuous improvement objectives for CFIS. Measures progress toward the continuous improvement standards and sees that the necessary measurements are maintained. Participates in the resolution of identified problems. Analyzes data and makes all business decisions based on such analysis.
11. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.