Are you looking for your next big challenge?
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2018 sales and revenues of $54.7 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for the best Agile Project Managers. Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. Think you have what it takes to develop the software and architect the platform to support Caterpillar’s digital revolution?
We at Caterpillar Digital are working to put together the Digital platform for delivering industry-leading digital solutions in support of profitable growth for Caterpillar, dealers & our end customers.
Come join us in this exciting journey and be part of the world class organization and play a key role in its digital transformation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Manage project teams comprised of digital resources, marketing resources, business resources, and others tasked with developing and maintaining marketing & digital solutions used by Caterpillar dealers, customers, and internally. Provide leadership and mentor less experienced Digital Project Managers. Manage delivery of group of related projects that delivers a common program goal in line with Cat Digital Strategy.
The Program Manager is accountable for ensuring successful completion of projects, on-time, within budget, and error-free. The principal responsibility of the Program Manager is to manage the planning and execution of various project deliverables. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the project charter, communications, metrics, reporting, and the overall program plan (highlighting dependencies between various projects under the same program) and budget.
The Program Manager will:
- Use knowledge of marketing and digital processes and business acumen to guide cross-functional teams in the execution of projects.
• Manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.) to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Serve as the principal communicator with clients and internal stakeholders regarding project status.
• Define program scope with program success indicators to reap benefits of the program within a defined timeframe.
• Use Agile or Waterfall program management methodology as relevant to the program execution. Follow latest industry execution practices and processes (e.g, DevOps, Continuous Integration – Continuous Delivery) for highest velocity and innovation.
• Prioritize program requirements working with Product Owner or other stakeholders.
• Write communication plan and stakeholder management plan for the program. Develop stakeholder register, analyze positive and negative stakeholders, and manage the expectation of stakeholders across the program.
• Provide regularly update to Business stakeholders and consumers of program deliverables.
• Create and manage dependencies across all active projects. Collaborate across the program to leverage diverse thoughts and ideas.
• Log and review program risks with stakeholders and take timely action to mitigate or eliminate risks.
• Evaluate team members of the program organization and look to add required resources or train resources to improve IT skills for the benefit of the digital program.
• Mentor project managers for success delivery of the program.
• Create rough order of magnitude of program budget, track actuals, and do quarterly forecast of spend throughout the life of the program.
• Radiate program status using a visual tool. Document all program related artifacts including lessons learned, on an easily accessible and shared environment.
• Be an advocate of the digital program and market it for a successful adoption.
Significant challenges of this position are working with people, enhancing the team’s creativity, facilitating the team’s cooperation, clearly communicating the requirements and tasks while gaining input from the team on refinement of same, translating both verbal and non-verbal information from the customer to management and team members. The Program Manager acts as a spokesperson for the team in meetings, with multiple levels of management, and with the customer. As Program Manager, he or she must develop strong internal networks to enable them to obtain resources and cooperation needed, and remove roadblocks so they can ensure the success of their project team.
The Program Manager demonstrates advanced knowledge of marketing and digital approaches/techniques and the ability to handle typical project issues. The incumbent should be able to explain conclusions to customers who have limited knowledge and experience. They are expected to have advanced expertise leading teams in project management. The incumbent should be very strong in areas of personal planning, organization, initiatives, management. The senior level is expected to mentor lower level Digital Project Managers.
• Position requires a four year degree from an accredited college or university.
• 5 plus years of Program Management experience.
• 5 plus years of Agile/SCRUM development projects, Agile principles and the SCRUM framework.
• 5 plus years of leading software development projects.
TOP CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE:
• 5 plus years' experience in practicing Agile as Solution or Release Train Engineer, Scrum Master or Product Owner
• 5 plus years’ experience working on software product teams working on Azure or AWS platforms
• 5 plus years’ experience in using industry leading tools like Jira, Aha, Rally, VSTS etc.
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Information Systems or Computer Science
• Agile Certification SaFe Certified Release Train Engineer, Product Owner or Scrum Master
• Experience driving fast paced product development using CI/CD, test automation and DevOps