As a Senior Staff Accountant at Caterpillar, you will independently perform accounting functions which require preparation, analysis and communication of issues of normal to high complexity that support Caterpillar business processes.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Internal management accounting, including profit center, service center, distribution services, strategic business, integrated manufacturing, and component business unit reporting
* estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions
* presentation and explanation of results to management
* determining Internal Rate of Return (IRR) for high complexity projects
* NPI support including future cost, should cost, alternative analyses and strategy
* OPACC determination & analysis
* financial accounting including preparation of journal entries, financial statements, variance analysis, and account reconciliations
* inventory accounting and standard cost revision
* development and maintenance of internal controls, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control documentation
* 4-year degree, preferably in accounting
* Non-accounting degree requires minimum 18 hours of college level accounting
* Demonstrate initiative, leadership, good judgment and accountability
* Demonstrate very good communication skills and have a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar businesses, products, suppliers and customers
* 4-6 years of accounting experience
* Professional Certification (Certified Public Accoutant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
* MBA or Masters Degree in Accounting (or equivalent).
* 3.0 / 4.0 Grade Point Average (Account GPA & Cumulative GPA) or equivalent.
* Accounting experience at a large public accounting firm or a Fortune 500 company.