Location: Tianjin, 12, China
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2019
JOB PURPOSE: To supervise and lead day-to-day work efforts of a team of accounting personnel responsible for a specific segment of accounting activity.
• Includes working with financial systems, interpreting and adhering to CAT accounting practices and procedures, and supervising a workgroup of several individuals who generally perform routine and repetitive basic accounting functions; work with fixed assets transaction processing and reporting.
• Manages a team and their related workload involved, prioritizes projects, assigns and reviews work, and controls the daily operating environment.
• Evaluates and reports on staff performance, participates in employee selection, provides career guidance and training direction, complies with personnel practices, and promotes team rewards and successes. Provides technical guidance and expertise to current staff.
• Approval- Journal entries (normal) - Provides guidance to the team in processing normal to medium complexity journal entries. Approval of normal to medium complexity journal entries posted by business units and legal entity team.
• Monthly Reconciliations - Approval of reconciliations of medium to medium complexity relating to balance sheet. Guiding the team on requirements and assists the team in reconciliations.
• Process improvement projects -Leads/participates internal projects.
• Communicates effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers.
• Understands and manages customer requirements and expectations.
• Serves as liaison between customer, team and data providers.
• Identifies and communicates goals and objectives of team.
• Provides services, makes recommendations and manages costs.
Performing Individual Staff Work
• Leads initiatives outside team to represent the group (e.g. documenting processes, making presentations).
• Demonstrates a general knowledge of Caterpillar’s businesses, products, suppliers and customers.
Position typically requires a 4-year degree in a business related subject or the equivalent experience.
CMA or Equivalent certification is preferred.
In addition, six to eight years of progressively responsible job related experience are required. Incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedures plus initiative, leadership, good judgment and superior communication skills.
Accounting skills and a strong knowledge of internal controls are also required.
Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with highly sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside or outside the department to take specific action.