Location: Tianjin, 12, China
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2019
JOB PURPOSE: Incumbent interfaces with accounting and non-accounting disciplines to assist with the achievement of business goals. Provides a strategic focus and leads initiatives on complex financial, product, sourcing and/or pricing issues. Provides guidance on direct and indirect reporting structures. Ultimately responsible for high integrity financial reporting for legal entities in accordance with U.S. GAAP and PRC GAAP, Tax accounting and establishing strong internal control framework.
• High integrity financial reporting- Ultimately Responsible for high integrity financial reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP and PRC GAAP), statutory requirements for all legal entities including strong internal control in accordance with SOX and applicable local statues like Internal Finance Controls etc.,
• Trusted advisor for business units- Proactively interacts with customers to develop, understand and manage customer requirements and expectations. Responsible to manage business unit relationship take actions on business unit escalations. Guide business unit of Legal entity impact, Internal control framework and advises business units on complex technical accounting issues. Takes feedback from business unit to improve service delivery.
• Audit coordination- Primary in charge for audit quality, managing audit costs and also ensure audit timelines are met. Handles audit escalations and supports team technically and personally in ensuring successful audit completion.
• Strong Internal control framework- Entrusted with creation and maintaining strong control environment, co-ordination with Corporate SOX team, external auditor - being the face of Service Center in terms of controls. Reviews and presents internal control findings to management and guides in remediation of control weakness.
• Approval of Journal entries- Final Approves for most complex and non recurring entries journal entries. Validates the business case and explains management for complex non recurring entries.
• Lead Audit- Lead PRC GAAP and US GAAP audits. Plans the audit resources, participates in audit planning and is ultimately responsible for quality of audit, timely completion and ensuring there is no cost overrun. Prepares and presents the financials results and audit observations to board of director.
• Tax accounting and reporting- Leads the direct tax accounting team and provides guidance on complex tax provisions. Works closely with global tax and trade teams, participates in design of tax structure that is compliant with local laws and beneficial for the company.
• Managing and Motivating team- Manages a team of supervisors and management personnel and their related workload. Sets expectations and prioritizes work and projects. Analyzes staff-provided data for decision making at a summary level. Evaluates and reports on staff performance, participates in employee selection, provides career guidance and training direction. Motivates team members to work towards individual and team goals and objectives, and fosters an environment of teamwork and cooperation. Provides technical guidance and expertise on highly complex accounting issues.
• Leverages technology- Advocates latest technical tools like data analytics, tableau and robotics to develop world class accounting and reporting processes and that transactions and systems are cost effective.
• Sponsor / Lead process improvements projects- Leads/participates in regional and global projects. Guide the team members with 6 sigma, lean and built in quality tools to be used in various process improvements projects. Allocates resources and monitors the project status and updates management of the project status and bottlenecks.
• Managing Expectations- Participates in the development and support of business strategies. Communicates effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers, including presentations to all levels of management. Identifies, establishes, prioritizes and communicates goals and objectives of team.
• Internal and External Representative- Manages interactions with business support managers and business resource manager of business units, technical accounting, global tax teams etc. Work closely with the professional associations like Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Institute of Management Accountants of India on issues impacting the industry and professional development
Position typically requires a 4-year degree in a business related subject or the equivalent experience.
CMA or Equivalent certification is preferred.
In addition, ten to fifteen years of progressively responsible job related experience are required.
Incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedures plus initiative,leadership, good judgment and superior communication skills.
Accounting skills and a strong knowledge of internal controls are also required. Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with highly sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside or outside the department to take specific action.