This position provides leadership, counsel, and guidance to a diverse global customer base including suppliers, carriers, Caterpillar management and salaried employees worldwide to ensure accuracy of Caterpillar liabilities while analyzing, reconciling, and resolving the more complex problems related to the payment for goods and services purchased by domestic locations as a member of a self directed team. The position is the acknowledged specialist in the department and frequently provides technical support on complex issues to internal and external customers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provides leadership, training, and guidance, to a self directed team of 2-14 employees, relative to processing procedures involved in the verification of carrier freight bills.
* Serves as the primary contact between suppliers and carriers worldwide and Caterpillar Purchasing, Receiving, Shipping, Accounting, Manufacturing Logistics and Transportation (MLT), and other departments, to reconcile more complex discrepancies.
* Provides continuous education and training of internal and external contacts of the proper corporate procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment of liabilities.
* Verifies correct services are received and confirms specified routing instructions are followed by utilizing knowledge of several complex Corporate Systems.
* Determines cost effectiveness of current policies and procedures, recommends solutions and revises processes to eliminate recurring problems.
* Supports and implements management directives and initiatives to achieve corporate and departmental objectives.
* Ensures proper procedures are updated and maintained for the department.
* Performs various investigations and special studies requiring the analysis of complex information to determine recommendations on corrective actions.
* 2 years of technical school, an apprenticeship program, a junior college diploma, or the equivalent in on-the-job training.
* 2 to 4 years of Freight Payables experience.
* Must have the ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
* Must have demonstrated initiative, leadership, good judgment, and superior communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to deal with highly sensitive issues.
* Must have vast knowledge of Corporate, Shipping, Receiving, Purchasing, Accounting, Treasury, and Freight Systems.
is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future
require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company,
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be
found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers