Machine Service Training Instructor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2019
Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for a
Machine Service Training Instructor. In this position, you will deliver
service training classes on two or more Machine / Earth Moving products to
service organization dealer personnel, business unit representatives, and
internal enterprise personnel. The instructor may also assist Learning
Consultants in the production and delivery of training materials on other
product lines, machine families.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but
are not limited to:
as subject matter expert on Track Type Trackers and small machines such
as: Backhoe Loaders and Telehandlers for coordination and training
material development for the upcoming New Product Introduction (NPI)
coordinate and interact with Caterpillar dealer, subsidiary and customer
training departments to determine new product training material and
the team leader in developing proposals and budgets for service training
projects. Serve as project/product leader when a team effort is
required for project completion. Negotiates with approved suppliers to
obtain goods and services required to complete approved projects. As a
member of the service training project/product team, the incumbent advises
and assists in the planning, development, coordination and production of
all assigned service training requirements.
travel to Global Dealer Learning training centers, dealerships and
customer sites worldwide to teach specific courses (maximum 20-25% of the
- Minimum of 5 years service experience with earth moving equipment. Preferably on Caterpillar machine families like: Track Type Tractors, Backhoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Skid Steer loaders and machine technologies, etc.
- Technical degree
- Experience with hydraulics systems and Caterpillar machine electronics.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Spanish capabilities would be a great plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent communication and teaching skills
- Proven ability to adjust and effectively train multi-cultural audiences
- At ease working independently as well in teams
- Attitude of responsibility, safety, and keeping standards high
- Passionate about people development
- Excellent computer skills
- This position requires 30% - 50% travel
- This position could be worked from any Caterpillar facility in the United States
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers