As a Service Technical Representative you will consult with dealers on product problem management within the Finning Oil Sands Region. Representing Caterpillar to minimize the commercial impact of customer complaints related to products, applications, and maintenance requirements, you will have a direct bottom line impact on Caterpillar and dealer financial results. This is generally the third level technical service assignment for an experienced, individual contributor on assignments that are complex, challenging and begin to become strategic in nature.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Administer company policy warranty settlements and work with service specialists to ensure dealers have technical capability to identify and repair product deficiencies, work with dealers in managing Product Improvement Programs cost effectively and within designated timeframes, provide technical guidance and assist with dealer presentations designed to inform customers of service advantages. Your decisions will be more complex and have greater risk issues than those associated with the less experienced representatives. Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, considering alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills.
* Work with Service Specialists to ensure dealers meet targets for Customer Satisfaction Program; providing input to Service Operations Specialists for shop operations, service process improvements, and systems, to help dealers achieve higher service quality and improve profitability and working with Industry Reps to develop total customer solutions that support sales efforts.* Understand customer/dealer market needs and build an understanding of how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. They are responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, new product information process, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc. Incumbents learn to apply their knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs.
* Work with your manager in directing your development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from gaining experience in the assigned industry, developing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving techniques, building business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership basics. In this position, you must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and learn to relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
* This position requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience.
* 4 to 6 years prior experience in a field position.
* Ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
* Must be willing to travel extensively (25-50%) as well as relocate based upon business needs.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
* Completion of the Caterpillar developmental marketing training program.