This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morton, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019
IT’S YOUR CAREER. MAKE IT MATTER.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Transportation Specialist located in our Morton, IL facility. As a Transportation Specialist on the Cat Trade Lane Management team, you will be developing, executing and monitoring certain steps of the transportation processes of dealer prime product orders and improving order-to-delivery performance. You will execute network strategies with our transportation service providers (carriers), in conjunction with Caterpillar facilities and Caterpillar dealers, developing transportation practices, gathering and documenting customer requirements and executing based on those requirements. You will also provide guidance and oversight for an assigned Trade Lane Analyst, and maintain metrics by Trade Lane.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Drive improvement projects to enhance engagement and collaboration with Product Groups and Supplier (domestic and international).
- Lead the collaboration strategy to drive process improvements focused on cost and velocity to Dealers and end Customers for Prime Product.
- Work effectively with diverse, multi-functional teams to apply the supply chain planning process and lead team efforts to develop optimal order-delivery transportation flow.
- Oversee the transportation of US sourced Prime Product orders specific to various dealer locations in the NA region.
- Establish metrics to ensure the most effective methods are implemented and managed in the insurance claims process, to identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct regular governance and performance updates for dealers within assigned Trade Lane.
- Document process improvements and savings.
- Establish relationships within the multi-modal transportation network, compliant with the Caterpillar Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- 6+ years of experience in Logistics or Supply Chain Operations
- Leadership experience to effectively lead supply chain improvements making the best use of available resources, while maintaining strong people focus and fulfilling the responsibilities for leading people
- Strong analytical, emotional intelligence, and problem-solving skills to creatively solve complex problems
- Strong communication, design and analytical experience in Microsoft based applications, such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience communicating across global environments and working with all levels of the company
- Experience communicating with external audiences, including dealers and suppliers
- Experience working directly with dealers to identify and resolve issues
- Experience with ocean, rail and truck transportation modes and terminology
- Knowledge of heavy machine or engine Prime Product
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Previous supervisory experience
- Strategic, organizational, and change management experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly in a global environment.
- Proven customer focus and management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of CMOPS, MACH1, GT Nexus, TIS, and Salesforce
- Previous experience with Tableau
- Superior understanding of International INCOterms and export regulations
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.