This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Houston, TX, United States
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2019
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop an expertise in Caterpillar products. You will be a sales liaison among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel. You should be very familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies and accountable for identification, analysis and resolution of needs and problems in an assigned industry. Position performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems that are more strategic in nature. Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, identifying and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills. Direct work with other Caterpillar units, customers, and possibly suppliers require incumbent to demonstrate skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise.
* Counseling dealers in developing increased human performance capability;
providing guidance on existing and potential customer service issues and
improvement measures within one industry; assisting dealers on forecast,
sales/rental/used strategy planning and sales techniques; supporting rollout of
new products (e.g., products, parts, customer service agreements, other service
products); analyzing and communicating marketplace and competitive activity to
Caterpillar personnel and dealers; analyzing product application, configuration
and utilization that provide the best solution for a customer; assisting
dealers with business planning within one industry; creating and promoting
programs that increase sales while maximizing price realization; and continuing
to develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies
* Remain current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why
decisions are made within their work group and organization. You will be
responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales,
dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement,
sales management process improvement, etc. Your knowledge of products,
technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer
expectations and needs and will contribute to strategic planning. You may also
provide direction to less experienced personnel.
* Direct your development and continual learning through experience and staying
abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from continued experience in
the assigned industry, enhancing communication and people relationship skills,
improving problem solving and analysis ability, building and using business
skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership
abilities. You must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate
those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs. Oil & Gas
experience required for this job.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
Relocation assistance is available for this position.