We encourage our people to stretch their capabilities and use their expertise to help us deliver on our strategy and contribute to our long-term goals. We drive clarity in our decision making, allowing you to focus on the most important opportunities that help ensure we remain a winning team.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Transportation Manager located in our Morton, IL facility. As a Transportation Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing the strategy and execution of transportation services provided by the Ground Transportation Operations Center (GTOC) to manufacturing, service parts and re-manufacturing networks in North America.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, implementing and managing transportation strategy and processes for over 20 internal customers
- Deploying effective process and data analytics to identify, execute and control continuous improvement opportunities for customers
- Delivering transportation solutions to complex supply chain issues through cross functional collaboration
- Managing and improving transportation costs while meeting customer delivery expectations on over 2000 freight lanes
- Responsible for the performance and engagement of a staff of 25+ personnel and multiple internal service providers located in the United States, Mexico and India
- Managing transportation supplier (carrier, broker, forwarder, third-party logistics) relationships with over 90 providers across all ground services in North America
- Engaging in sourcing activities with the Transportation Procurement team, internal customers and transportation service providers to ensure quality results for all parties
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience in the areas of transportation or logistics
- Previous experience managing load planning centers and transportation management systems
- Previous supervisory experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Background in relationship management
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical skills / background
- Thorough understanding of company policies, procedures and product knowledge
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.