matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your
family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where
your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful
work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Global Power Solutions Division has an exciting opportunity for a Nuclear & Mining Account Manager in Lafayette, Indiana. As a Nuclear & Mining Account Manager you develop new business and managing Corporate Accounts through the development of sound business relationships.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and facilitate Power Solution sales for both the Nuclear and Mining Segment the Americas
* Maintain effective relationships with key Nuclear utilities, reactor manufacturers and major Caterpillar Global Mining customers.
* Coordinates with CAT Global Mining and executes account strategies and activities for specified major mining accounts, local engineering companies and international contractors selling CAT Power Solutions irrespective of the end user site location
* Establish high-level relationships with key business decision makers in the Nuclear sphere and will identify business needs and best solutions to fulfill the customer power needs going either direct or through Caterpillar Dealers
* With the help of the sales support from the Nuclear group, responsible for elaborating Caterpillar prime sales offers for nuclear application until successful closure, negotiating the Terms and Conditions with the different parties
* Interface with various groups at Caterpillar including Finance and Corporate Legal to ensure Caterpillar interests be protected at all times
* Travel worldwide on Nuclear or Mining sites as required
* Communicate effectively across the Global Power Systems Division business units, CAT Dealers and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations
* A college or university engineering degree (mechanical or electrical) or equivalent experience
* 15 years of business to business project management and sales experience, with at least 10 years in the utilities industry which include Nuclear, Solar, Wind, Water, Oil and Gas, etc.
* Strong sales and equipment contract negotiation skills
* Generally requires extensive travel and an understanding of regional or worldwide business conditions.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Good communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
* Multi-language skills highly desirable (Spanish, German, French, Russian)
* Military engineering experience
* Caterpillar Dealer Experience
* International business exposure
Ideally, this position will be based in Lafayette, Indiana but the selected candidate could also sit in Mossville, Illinois
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.