Job Purpose: This position is responsible to ensure high integrity financial reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP including strong internal control environment in accordance with SOX regulations, perform monthly book closure with required management adjustment journal entries, support Local GAAP audit by preparing financials and coordinating with auditors, preparing reconciliation for balance sheet accounts and perform general accounting functions.
• Self-starter - Able to quickly learn and perform day to activities independently. With assistance of team should step up to handle more complex business requirements with short learning curve.
• Process Driven - Should follow process and invest sufficient time in documentation of the process with focus on attention to detail.
• Monthly Book closure - US GAAP Legal entity closings and general accounting for one or more ledgers/ legal entities spread across Asia consisting one or more of the below activities
• Financial analysis - Financial statement preparation and analysis including variance analysis, gross margin analysis and forex impact analysis.
• Accounting Journal entries (Normal to Medium complexity) - Performing journal entries for a) Inventory accounting including FIFO computation, inventory valuation, inventory ageing review, non-moving / slow moving inventory and inventory reporting b) Revenue accounting- Revenue recognition, Service fee recharge, licence fee calculations & warranty accruals. c) Accrual accounting - General accrual, specific accrual & Incentive accrual d) General accounting - Account reclass, Profit centre reclass and other entries requested by business units.
• Monthly Reconciliations - Preparation of reconciliations of low and medium complexity relating to balance sheet. Follow up on open reconciliations items and update management of aged recon items. Prepare explanation and follow up on intercompany discrepancy.
• Audit Support - Statutory audit support including preparation of schedules with relevant documents and support internal reviews, SOX compliances by facilitating walk-throughs and process documentation.
• Process improvement projects -Performing independent review of internal processes, identifying improvement opportunities and ensuring that actions plans are put in place. Implement continuous process improvements through various techniques like LEAN, Six Sigma etc. as well as use of data analytical tools.
• Management information requests - Support on various questions and information requests from business units and corporate accounting team like Annual insurable reporting, Support on notes to 10k and 10Q, Global tax information package, etc
• Cross functional team work -Work with multiple corporate systems and in-house applications to obtain information and perform impact analysis on the same.
* Fully qualified Chartered Accountants with 0-1 years of work experience in Accounting
* Good communication skills
* Good inter-personal skills
* Good analytical skills