This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tucson, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2019
Caterpillar’s Surface Mining and Technology Division has an exciting opportunity as a Service Engineer at its Tucson, AZ facility. In this position, you will provide technical assistance and support to dealers, districts and users to achieve practical solutions to product problems and assure user satisfaction.
* Contribute to customer
satisfaction and acceptance of machines.
* Spend 20 to 50% of time in field evaluation of performance and provide on-site technical counsel to districts, dealers and large users in complicated problem investigation, new large mining machine assembly, delivery and application.
* Contribute practical solutions to product problems and commercial deficiencies.
* Through on-site field investigation, monitor field correspondence and reports, warranty and SIMS service history, identify product deficiencies and problems, and determine scope and commercial impact of problems.
* Formulate temporary and production fixes directly through first-hand knowledge or in close cooperation with business units.
* Write requests for engineering product improvements.
* Communicate sensitive problem resolution and improvement information to the field.
* Contribute to control and reduction of warranty expenses.
Provide technical counsel to CACo.
warranty and data staff in reviewing large dollar claims to assess cause of
failures and CACo. responsibility.
* Prepare requests for corporate product improvement and support programs to minimize commercial impact of product problems.
* Manage DSN goals for the responsible areas are achieved.
* Influence functional specifications, design and improvement of assigned products.
* Through visits to dealers and user job sites and analysis of field reports, determine customer satisfaction with product performance and provide subsidiary input to New Product Introduction process at the business units.
* 3+ years’ experience with Hydraulic Mining Shovels (HMS) products; or 5+ in Mining engineering or field experience.
* Considerable technical, product
and service knowledge of a wide range of company products and their systems.
* Ability to resolve complicated technical problems in remote locations with limited information and communications.
* Superior planning and coordination capabilities and self-reliance.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Second/third language skills (preferable Spanish, German…)
* Must be willing to travel extensively (25-50%) as well as relocate based upon business needs.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers