Location: Mossville, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019
When it comes to running our business, technology matters.
At Caterpillar, everything we do runs on IT—from machine telematics and autonomy, to database and supply chain management, to e-commerce, mobile apps and cloud services. Our IT professionals bring a deep understanding of business and technology to work every day, enhancing the owning and operating experience for our customers, protecting our physical and intellectual property, and driving revenue and profitability growth.
Caterpillar's Global Power Systems Division, has an opening for a Digital Security Engineer, located in Peoria, IL. The Digital Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring security is embedded into Caterpillar’s increasing connected smart product footprint.
The Digital Security Engineer will facilitate the adoption and implementation of information and product security technologies and processes within product development life cycles as well as work with connected product teams during security testing and remediation. This role is part of Caterpillar’s program to secure connected assets, digital services and Industrial Internet of Things devices.
* Keep up with industry trends by participating in various industry seminars and conferences
* Develop and maintain knowledge on Caterpillar security procedures including security directives, secure configuration baselines, data classification and data handling
* Develop connected product security expertise and contribute to defining and prioritizing Connected Asset Security Program initiatives
* Actively participate on Connected Asset Security Program projects to improve the security of end-to-end digital solutions
* Collaborate with commercial and digital product teams across Caterpillar Energy & Transportation industries, which includes electric power, marine, oil & gas, turbines, rail, and industrial power
* Provide input and support to development teams throughout the secure development life cycle on a variety of security activities, including, but not limited to: requirements gathering, secure coding and configuration, software testing, third party component management and defect management
*Participate in application threat modeling, attack and penetration testing activities
* Travel globally participating in a rotational program to interface with various industry product and engineering teams (75% for the first year, and 25% thereafter)