As a Distribution Supervisor, you supervise hourly personnel in the receipt, processing, packaging, storage, order filling and shipment of parts to Caterpillar dealers, Distribution Centers and Regional Distribution Centers to support the end users of Caterpillar equipment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Ensuring parts inventory is received, processed and stored in a safe, efficient and timely manner;
* Responding to dealer calls and making immediate decisions to resolve the issue;
* Contributing to the development of an effective work force by assigning, directing and motivating employees to conform, defined and documented processes;
* Providing necessary on the job training;
* Improving productivity and quality by taking ownership of the process;
* Leading teams working on problem resolution and process improvement;
* Maintaining high employee morale by ensuring basic elements of work discipline are delivered; and
* Conducting daily Safety meetings and observing employees for unsafe behavior, and correcting behavior through counselling;
* Conducting grievance meetings with employees and union committeemen; and
* Preparing and maintaining necessary paperwork for hourly payroll and attendance records.
* Limited travel required (Less than 5% of working time).
* Previous operations experience;
* Strong leadership, initiative and people skills;
* Knowledge of various operating, purchasing, parts ordering and inventory management systems; the ability to read blueprints; familiarity with engineering data systems, as well as packaging and pricing knowledge;
* High school diploma or equivalent;
* Excellent interpersonal skills;
* Capability of a facility RDC Manager within 5 years;
* Willingness to go off-shift and/or relocate as supervisor, assistant manager, etc. as needed to continue development; and
* Knowledge of contract terms and enforces the language.
* Certified green belt in more than one 6 Sigma project